In 1956, we left the ice-cream business and moved to Burbank, California so I could become a carpenter. Building new homes and commercial buildings. I think I got skin cancer from working outside in the sun everyday. Casper had made an agreement with one of his employee's to run the ice-cream business while I was still on my mission. I was working for him and didn't like it very much so I left to California. On September 24, 1957 our third child, Kelly Richard Merrill was born in Glendale, California. He only lived four days. Cynde and I flew to Salt Lake and met Casper and Anna and took the baby to Logan for the viewing, and then to Richmond Cemetery for the burial. We buried him next to my twin brother Ronald. Casper and Anna came home from their mission for the services. We lived in California until 1959. When we returned to Cache Valley I worked for a contractor in Brigham City.

I bet you didn't know I was a Seventy. Now I'm 78.

Our Burbank, California home.

Kendal, Uncle Derwin, and Cynde

Cynde, Uncle Bud, Kendal

Kendal, Richard, Cynde
No comments:
Post a Comment