In the spring of 1960 I was delivering ice-cream to a grade school in Franklin, Idaho to sell at their lunch program as well as at recess. One of my first grade classmates was the school principal. He said Richard I don't like the children having all this sugar water popsicles, would you make us one out of milk and cream. I told him I would think about it. I thought if I used a low-fat mix with fresh banana's in it that would really be good. I would put the mix in the popsicle molds and cut them in two. That way I could sell them for a dime. That was the birth of the Fudgies, later known as Creamies. They sold real well. We later had molds made up so we didn't have to split them out of the popsicle mold.

Front of box.

Click on story to read.

Taking Fudgies out of the mold.

Cynde & Kendal ready to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment