Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Grade School 1936

This was the first plant in Richmond down by the mill where Casper started the ice-cream business. You can see the home where we lived in the background.

When I was 6 years old Ronald and I went to first grade at Richmond Park School. I don't ever remember having gone to kindergarten. We just started in the first grade. Beth Theurer was our first grade teacher. We would catch the bus by the Guilt Edge Flour Mill. The bus was the high school bus coming out of Lewiston. The high school girls nick-named us chocolate and vanilla. They would say chocolate (that was me) come sit by us. Others would say vanilla come sit by us. Now I can't help that we were so good looking, the high school girls would fight to sit by us.

Richmond Park School
Richmond Park School

Lewiston Junior High

No comments: